I used to post this for all my books, but I think I’ve forgotten to with the past few releases. So, here it is (once more) for your listening pleasure: the Haunted Remains Soundtrack.
It’s a broad range of music styles, which represents my eclectic taste as well as the range of emotions in the book. Feel free to jump around with the tunes or only listen to what you like or aren’t familiar with–it’s up to you. Have fun!
The soundtrack listen in chronological order. If you’ve read the book, you’ll be able to follow along with the plot points.
1. The Cult’s “Sun King” is a song inspired by King Louis XIV of France but it works well for Alexander’s often bloated view of himself.
2. “Kiss Me When You Come Home” by Hanson works well for both the Melling and Davenport couples.
3. Shinedown’s “How Did You Love” is a great reminder for Alexander–and everyone–that it’s your actions that speak louder than words.
4. “Shameless” by Garth Brooks. Need I say who the song is for?
5. Another one for both the Mellings and Davenports, “You Lift Me” by my favorite singer, Mitch Malloy.
6. “Sweet Love Child” by Europe captures the sensuality of Alexander and Lucy’s relationship and the power it holds over him.
7. “Demons” by Imagine Dragons could possibly be the theme song for The Possession Chronicles, but in Haunted Remains we fully see Alexander’s struggle with his inner demons.
8. Vance Joy’s “Lay It On Me” is another two-for-one double duty song.
9. One more by Imagine Dragons–“Bleeding Out”–to show that Alexander has atoned and will give anything to make things right, especially for Lucy and her daughter.
10. “In Her Eyes” by Josh Groban closes things out, showcasing Alexander’s thoughts on his marriage and all he’s been through.
I hope you enjoyed the musical journey through Haunted Remains. Is there a song you think fits the book?