Perilous Confessions, the first book in The Possession Chronicles, has been out in the world for just over two weeks. You know what that means, right? It’s time to unveil my soundtrack for it!
My writing process starts with creating a “mood music” playlist for my project that I listen to almost exclusively while I’m first drafting the story. (Perilous Confession‘s playlist has 474 songs, so I didn’t get bored with the music.) From that list, I create a soundtrack once the first draft is complete. Once I work edits–which has its own “editing playlist”–I adjust the soundtrack further until final edits are complete through the publisher.
The following is Perilous Confession‘s musical journey.
If you listen to each song in order, you will known the story line, so you might want to save until you’ve finished reading.
1. Fools Rush In by Rick Nelson
2. New Love in Town by Europe
3. When You Love Me by Martina McBride (who the book is dedicated in part to.)
4. I’ll Cry For You by Europe
5.I’m the One by Mitch Malloy (my favorite singer, who I got to see in concert and say hello to last weekend. He’s the new lead singer for Great White but I love his solo work.)
6. Sweet Salvation by The Cult
7. Wait for Sleep by Dream Theater
8. Mr. Ego (Take Me Down) by Helloween
9. When I See You Smile by Bad English
10. Where I Used to Have a Heart by Martina McBride
11. Lucy by Hanson
12. Love is on the Way by Saigon Kick
13. Let It All Go duet by Birdy and RHODES
14. Father Time by Richie Sambora
What songs would you add to the Perilous Confessions soundtrack or mood music playlist?